I was in ski club for the six days it's offered. My skiing group was Allie, G.D., Benny, Sarah L., Sarah S., Biron, Jay, and I. All of us ski, so we weren't slowed down by snowboarders.
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against snowboarders, I have some friends that snowboard, it's just that there are some really stupid people that snowboard. People who stop right in the middle of a run, so us skiers have to turn really quickly, and most of the time end up crashing into something... or someone.
I like the place I ski at. It's a nice place, but the one where all the little kids used to ski and snowboard got closed, so they invaded. It's really annoying to be skiing and have to dodge some little kid that's going ten times slower than you are.
Anyways, to what went down at ski club.
So we leave to go to the place directly after school, meaning we have to bring everything we're going to need. Homework, ski/snowboarding equipment, backpacks, food/money, everything. On the bus (which is a coach bus) I don't usually sit with the people I ski with. I sit with my neighborhood friends, who I carpool with to get our stuff to school. We look at magazines and talk about school, what's going on in our lives, everything like that. I did sit with Allie most of the time this year, so that was pretty fun.
One time, we were passing a barn, and Allie and I were like, "What could be more fun than running into a pen full of wild boars? Running into a pen full of wild whores!" This was because we were talking about most guys being horny, and how they would love to run into a pen full of wild whores. I had to pull my quotebook (book of quotes) out and added that as one of my very many quotes. The only bad thing about bringing my quotebook was the fact that some of the quotes weren't very kind to some of the people on the bus, and my friend, Lyssa, she wanted to see it, but I didn't trust her with it, because she was sitting right in front of some people who were mentioned in there. She thought that there was something about her in there, but there really wasn't.
When we finally got there, Biron, Jay, and I all got our ski stuff on, after battling everyone to get it out of the bus. Everyone else in our group had to rent, so they took longer, and there was the fact that Sarah S. was in high school, so we had to wait a little bit for her. After all that fun stuff, we went out to go skiing. We usually go on the Bunny Hill for a little while, just for the fun of it.
Well, we started going onto a bunch of different hills. I always bomb them, meaning I go straight down, no slowing down or anything. Everyone else likes to preserve their time on the hill more. I would, too, but I can't curve as I go down the hill, it makes me fall. I'm just unskilled like that.
We went on the lift that goes to the terrain park. The terrain park is where they have jumps and all that fun stuff. Most of us (everyone except Sarah S. and Jay) were scared to go down. If you've ever been skiing, you might be able to imagine how steep that hill was. We did end up going down it, and having some of the best thrills of our lives. We went down repeatedly, and even went off some jumps. I was so ready to go off of a jump, when a snowboarder swerved in front of me, making me swerve off to the side, and almost fall. Snowboarders always get in my way.
(By the way, this is a course of five days. It was supposed to be six, but some days got canceled and were never rescheduled. I'm too lazy to split everything into days, and I forgot what happened which day.)
One of us decided we should go back to the bunny hill. So we did. I went down a slightly different way than normal... not knowing that there was two jumps coming up... on the flippin' BUNNY HILL. I went through the first jump pretty well, I landed, thinking that that was the only one. I was so wrong. My second jump came pretty fast, and I wasn't so lucky with that landing. I ended up kind of twisting as I landed, so my leg really hurt. The thing that scared me the most, though, was the fact that I never wore a helmet, and my head had snapped back a little, so I could have split my head open on my ski. Some of my friends saw that happen from the lift, so they yelled down to make sure I was okay, which I was. It was then that I decided to wear a helmet.
After I got my almost never used helmet, we went in to eat. I always brought my food, along with Sarah L., just for the sake of saving money. That place is really expensive. We had our food, and Jay was feeling depressed, so to lighten up the mood, I said to him, "Do you want a pretzel?" He didn't, the jerk. I was trying to be nice, but he refused my kindness. Sarah L. leaned over and said, "Lele, I don't think I would be comforted by a pretzel, either." But I could tell that she was joking around with me. Allie had decided to get cheese curds and a giant pretzel. Some of her salt spilled all over, so Biron and I had a 'sodium fight'. It was rather hilarious... until we had to truce from lack of more sodium. Our supper ended, but we couldn't leave the chalet just then. Stupid Lex and his stupid followers had found Jay. They wanted him to ski with them, and he decided to tell the story of why he was depressed. See, he had fallen and hurt himself, and I laughed, so he got all angsty and emo. He told Lex that he couldn't ski with them because he needed to see me fall so he could laugh at me. We're such great friends.
One time when we were on the bunny hill lift (always the bunny hill...) Biron and Allie finally decided that they could sit together (they really don't like each other that much...) so I sat in front of them, all alone, and everyone else was a little behind us. Well, Biron got his ski caught on the ground, so it popped off. Biron bent over (stupidly) and I guess he tried to pick it up or something. He fell off the lift. It took him about 10 minutes to get back on, and to get the lift moving again. Every time he got on, his ski would fall off. Well, finally it worked, and from then on, we called losing a ski on th lift was 'pulling a Biron'. It was pretty hilarious.
Another time, we were on a different lift, and Sarah L.'s (or maybe it was still Biron...) ski fell off, so after we got off the lift, I was a kind friend and went down to get his/her ski. When I got down there, I learned that they sent it up, so I got to ride up the long lift with two teenage snowboarders. Honestly, it scared me. Well, I got up there, only to find that everyone was gone! They went down to tell me that he/she got his/her ski. I skied down to find them, but they went back up! We repeated this process for a little while, until I just stayed at the top of the lift. We finally found each other and resumed skiing.
There's this hill called Ski Bob. It's pretty hilly, but when I had gone on it the year before, it was really flat. We thought that we should go on that one, so we did... and we almost crashed into everything/everyone within the hill. It was pretty sucky for our first try. Nobody can deny that. Allie took the easy way, which was the path right next to Ski Bob. We called her a wimp, but she's not the one that almost killed multiple people. Heh... heh...
Eating was the least interesting thing that we did, so I'm just going to edit out most of our suppers.
One time, we were just 'walking' around on our skis, and Benny fell. So G.D. decided to help him up, because he's just nice like that. When G.D. was helping Benny up, their skis got tangled, so when Benny was finally pulled up, him and G.D. were incredibly close... as in their fronts sides just about completely touching. It was so funny! Sarah S. didn't laugh because Benny's her brother, so it must have looked really awkward to her. Me and Allie laughed the most, because we're just perverts like that. Trust me, we are very perverted. Remember the the whole 'barn' conversation? Yeah, proof.
We didn't really like to go down hills that we weren't used to, but Jay somehow managed it... again. We went down so many hills, I'm not sure how we'll get to them all next year.
A few weeks into January, my little brother (R3) got sick. He had to leave school early, so I was pretty mad. A couple days later, during my science test, I began to feel really weird. In the middle of the test, I felt like I was going to pass out, but I knew that I couldn't leave because I had to finish the test. So I started ignoring it. Then I started feeling clammy, and I was getting a surplus of spit. It was getting really hard to ignore my symptoms now. I finished my test, and moved it to the edge of the desk. Mr. B started coming around to collect tests from people who were done, so when he got to my desk, I told him that I felt like I was going to pass out (No need to tell him about my other symptoms). He signed my planner and let me go to the nurse. When I got there, she told me to lay down in the other room and use the bucket if I had to puke. I lay curled up in a ball for the longest time. Eventually, another person came into the room. I knew her from some of my classes, but I wasn't really on "Hey, how's it going?" terms with her. She left after about a 1/2 hour, so I left 15 minutes later. I still didn't feel the best, but I felt like going back to class. The nurse gave me a pass for the science room (where all my stuff was) and also the math room (my next class). When I entered the science room, Mr. B asked if I was feeling better, so I lied and said yes. I got my stuff, and went up to the math room. Mr. C (teacher) was in the middle of correcting homework, so I went to my seat, and started talking to J.R., knowing that he hadn't done his homework. I accidentally called him by his real name, so I'm like, "Wow, I must really be sick. I called you by your real name." He agreed with me.
When I got home, I did everything that I usually do. Then I puked. After that, I called Alyce, and we talked for a while. Around 9, I had to hang up because I was sure i was going to puke. an hour later, into the bucket. I got an hour of sleep, then, into the bucket. I had set out a towel and bucket, just in case, so that was really lucky.
My whole family got it. My oldest brother (R1) was at college, so we told him not to come home. We told him to stay at our Aunt and Uncle's. He didn't listen. He lost about 5 hours of work, just because he came home.
Ok, my brothers and I (R2 and R3) have paper routes. My parents couldn't do them, because they were also sick. We had to call the manager and have him get subs for us. We couldn't eat or drink. Everything came back up. Then we ran out of Sprite and 7 Up. We had to call some of our neighbors so they could get us some. We were all sick for 4 days. Luckily for me and R2, we were starting to feel better. We still couldn't go to school, but we were getting there. The next day (friday) was a no school day or something. I had ski club, and I was determined not to miss it. My parents didn't want me to go, but I reasoned that if I felt like I was going to get sick, I would stop skiing. They agreed.
I didn't feel sick until the last hour we had left to ski. I stayed in, after a I was almost certain I was going to throw up. It would have been more boring if I had stayed in there alone, but Sarah S.'s toes had gotten really cold, so she decided to stay in, and Allie just like to stay in for the last hour... every time. All of us talked for a while, then we stopped talking.
Okay, this sounds really stupid, but I forgot the rest. It happened about 6 months ago, so say anything! Well, I hope you liked it, again... cuz it would suck if you hated it...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey, do you know Alyce Kullen outside of the computer? Cause you seem real close.
Entertaining stuff, as always. You have interesting stuff happen to you. Of course I have my adventures now and again.
Yes, she does know me irl. ^^
Heheh. I really enjoy your blog, Leanne-chan. 8)
Yes. Thank you, I have an interesting life... although it does get boring to always be entertaining.
Post a Comment