So I've realized that I'm pretty terrible about updating for ski club. I guess I'm the type of person who likes to kind of just write at spontaneous moments. I don't like to plan that kind of stuff out. I mean, I can be really organized and stuff, but... with writing... I'm just really unorganized, and I don't like to have plans for it. Which is why most of my failed stories just stay failures. Because I *plan* what I want to happen when I start writing again. And that doesn't work for me.
Anyway, my mom really wants me to go to this kind of 'Valentines dance'. It's called Sno Daze. Really, after homecoming, I don't have the heart to buy another dress and spend four hours trying to dance to rap/hip-hop. I also don't have the heart to tell my mom that that's why. Homecoming, while it was still kind of fun, was a disappointment. I've always heard that it's so fun, and so different from middle school dances, but it was just like a formal middle school dance. I guess I'm scared that Sno Daze is going to be just like that. And the fact that I really don't want to buy another dress. Me being me, I would want to recycle my homecoming dress, but my mom being my mom would want me to buy a new one.
Seriously, are we going into recession or not? People always complain about not having very much money, but what do they spend a lot of it on? Clothes. Really, we don't need so many clothes. It might just be me, but I could honestly go a year or more without buying anything new to wear. And I'm not big on the 'dress' part of high school dances.
Wow, I really like to vent. Even if no one reads this. But it's nice to just be able to write everything down that I want.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have now read this. About four months late, but... yeah, it's alright. We really don't need that many clothes. And I should probably donate some of the clothes I don't wear a lot. I agreeish, though. And it's okay about the dress. And you should tell your mom things. It's better to communicate, even if you're worried about how someone will feel about it.
Post a Comment