There was a Remedy Drive concert in my town; they were preforming at a church.
Aly, Leslie, and I got Aly's dad to stop at Java Detour (an awesome coffee place nearby), so for the 2nd time in 3 days, I was cheating on Starbucks. :'(
We got there and we drank our coffee and mingled. I blame Aly for the being social part; I would have normally just stood in the back round, observing, being silent. But I actually managed to carry on some conversations! I'm proud of myself.
Anyway, coffee always makes me full for some reason, so I wasn't very hungry, but they were serving walking tacos and pizza, so Aly forced me to get a piece of pizza. I took a whole bite of it, before giving it to our other friend Tanya. I at least drank my whole pop.
Then the concert started. It was opened by Children 18:3, and they are amazing! (I'll give links to some of the songs that were played.) I believe they opened with 'All my Balloons'. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1tpr6GVEnA
It was so awesome. Here are a few others: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cG2XPmIOck (samantha)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dKotudIe4U (you know we're all so fond of dying)
Those are the only ones I remember, which is sad. :(
Some guys were 'moshing', so like, they were flailing all over, and my feet got stepped on, and it was really painful, and this one guy looked really mad. I love Children 18:3!!!
After they were done, Gary Kadanski (main guy on 'Straight From the Heart') came out and spoke over the shouts of 'One more song!' He told us that Seth, the drummer had to rest his fingers because he was playing for Remedy Drive, since their drummer was gone.
So we all waited patiently while Remedy Drive was sound checking.
Dave, the lead singer of Remedy Drive, after the first song, started talking about how his tooth had chipped, and he showed us, so that was actually kind of funny.
Here were some of the songs they played: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzyYii4ZXRw (daylight) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8DClm4OxE4 (hope) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7Bz_gu6rMQ (stand up) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MI76zIAe1g (all along) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUq_R509BEE&feature=related (heartbeat) and a few others. I WISH I COULD REMEMBER THEM ALL!
Sorry for some weird/not great quality videos. It was really cool, though.
During the last song, Dave was high fiving fans and the like, and I got to touch his sweaty arm. (Yes, I will be a creepy fangirl/groupie person.) And then, he grabbed my other hand and held it for like 30 seconds; he did it to other people, too. :)
At the end, before we left, I got a Children 18:3 poster and I got David and Lee Marie (guitarists/singers) to sign it. Seth (drummer) wasn't there, though. We waited as long as we could, but Remedy Drive didn't come out in time for us to get there autographs. It was really sad, but Aly's dad gave me button of theirs.
Oh, here's a video that tells a little about the concert: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrZQupupUDk
Aly, if you read this, please tell me if I'm correct in the songs I put up here.
And that is how I lost my concert virginity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You were correct. I love how you ended that post by the way. XDDD :D You are humorous. :3 xD I LOVE REMEDY DRIVE AND CHILDREN 18:3!!!!!!!!!!
:D *hugglefy* BEST. CONCERT. EVER.
Wasn't it the greatest ending?
*hugglefy* AGREED!
Lol. Sounds awesome. That's about the only kind of virginity I'd want to lose in less than fifteen years. xD
Mah daddio's name is Remedy. :D
xD It is great to lose. And yeah, the only one for me too... I've gone to quite a few concerts now. ^^'
Yayz.
xD Awesomesauce! :D
Grrr. I went to one rock concert and slept there. =.= (lamo, lol)
Post a Comment