Sunday, March 1, 2009

School evacuations, winter weather watches, and tape measures

2-26: I found out I didn't have school. I would have preferred for it to have been a Friday, but at least I got a day off. I didn't really understand why, because it looked beautiful outside. Apparently we were under a winter weather watch.

About 1:15ish, I noticed there was a lot of snow coming down, and I had been hearing thunder, but passed it off as people in their garages. Then I saw lightning. It scared the crap out of me! Honestly, I had never seen lightning during a snow storm.

That was the only epicness of that day.

2-27: I had a bad feeling about going to school that day, but I felt that I should go.

The day started out normal. I went to health, dreading the fact that I had to take a test I wasn't ready for. The first off thing was that our 2nd bell rang early, and it was really long. After that an announcement came on that it was a mistake, and the regular second bell rang.

As we were waiting for our teacher to hand out the tests, an announcement came on: "Students and staff, at this time we are going to be having an-" (at this point, I thought it was a lock down) "We are having an evacuation." That caused a panic all over the school as we were ushered out. We didn't even have time to get our coats or anything!

Benny and I started talking because we were both wearing our band shirts. Us nerds.

6th and 8th grade we supposed to be ushered into the two churches by our schools, and 7th had to walk to a nearby school, but the churches were locked. We have keys to them, sure, but they changed their locks without telling us, so for about 45 minutes, we were stuck outside in the freezing cold.

I felt really bad for the P.E. kids, because they were in shorts and T-shirts. I felt even worse for the swimmers. They had to pile up into cars. In their swimsuits. While they were wet. In the middle of winter. Poor kids.

I don't however, feel to sorry for the people that were wearing flip-flops. Who wears sandals in the middle of winter?! They had to be carried! I'm sorry, but people can be really stupid.

We finally got to go back inside, and the rest of the day was uneventful, but every time announcements came on, I jumped in my seat. I still do. I'm that paranoid.

The next day, my aunt and I went shopping, and I saw this mini old fashioned tape measure. Don't ask why, but I really wanted it. Ever since I was little, I like playing with my aunt's mini tape measure, so she gave me one for my 13th birthday. Even though I already had one, this one was antique! That made it so much cooler! It's like, the coolest thing ever! You should it, it's so fun.

Yes, I'm weird. Oh well.

15 comments:

Dibsy said...

It's good to be nerdy and weird. 8)

Anonymous said...

why did you have an evacuation?

Leah said...

Sorry, I wasn't too clear on that, I guess.

So, in the science rooms, you know how there's the main gas valves? Well, those have to be turned on for the lesser ones to work. Well apparently one of the lesser ones had been turned, and the teachers didn't know if it was an actual leak.

When it was determined that, yes, there was gas leaking out, we all had to rush out of the school, because gad is highly flammable, and breathing it in couldn't have been good.

The lesser valve that had been turned was actually only leaking some residue out.

So, while we had to put up with an awful smell, there really wasn't danger of our school blowing up. And a really fun part is, we have a water tower on school property, so had to school blown, the water tower would have gone with it. Wee hoo. XP

Dibsy said...

oh wow that sounds epic... :O

Leah said...

It was very epic. :/

Dibsy said...

I'm jealous. ^^

But, like, our school nearly blew up cuz someone stuck some gum p the blow dryer. O.o

Leah said...

One of our blow dryers started on fire earlier this year. I think I forgot to blog about that though? ^^'

Dibsy said...

UH-

O.o

WHY?

Dibsy said...

Some people have been charged for animal abuse for raping chickens.

Not kidding. O.o

Leah said...

o.O That's... wow...

Dibsy said...

Yep. Goats, horses, dogs-the like have all been molested by sick, perverted people. >.<

Leah said...

O.e No words can describe how sickening that is.

Dibsy said...

My feelings toward this is unusual...sadness, pity, and hilarity. >.< Poor animals, though...

Leah said...

Yeah...

Dibsy said...

Hehehe.