Sunday, October 5, 2008

UPDATES! I've been so lazy... and busy... and... and... *a'splodes*

On Friday, September 26, my grandma passed away. It wasn't really any surprise to us that she passed, but it was still sad.

We had gone to see her the day before, knowing that it was probably the last time we were going to see her... it was.... My brothers and I got pulled out of school on Friday, around noon. The weird thing is- she passed around 10:15- around the time English ends for me, and I had this sharp pain in my abdomen, like a cramp, only my period had ended a few days before. I think that was my body's way of telling me she was gone.

We had homecoming that Friday. R2 had been planning on going with his friend Sammie, and since she would have missed hers also (she lives in a different town) my parents decided he could go on Saturday. I went over to Em's house on Friday, and slept over with her and Alicia. We watched 'Misery', which is based off of Stephen King's book, Misery. The movie sucked. It was terrible. We hated it. Don't watch it. Read the book.

My grandma's visitation was on Saturday. We all went down to Iowa for it. It didn't feel very final until her funeral on Sunday. I kept thinking she would just wake up and tell us all to stop crying, but I knew she wouldn't... especially when I saw the casket closed. When I saw it being carried out. When it was ready to be lowered into the ground.... I kept up that impossible hope that she would just wake up.
-----

On a happier note (or not so happy) our football team got slaughtacred for homecoming. (Slaughtered/massacred) 42 to 7. All of out good football players went to college... they should come back to us. Anyway, Beks ( who's now Becky) and I went to the other side, and we walked around parading her sweatshirt, and some of the jerks from the other team tried stealing it.

Yeah... homecoming sucked...
-----

Um... I can't really remember the rest of that week, other than being hugged by all of my friends (Yes, even Brenden). So onto the next week... if I can remember that... heh...
-----

Um... Lyssa now wants to be called Alyssa and Sammy wants to be called (Sam). Gosh, they can't even stick to they're first grade nicknames. Ash is still staying the same with nickname.

But anyway, Alyssa, she likes Lex... and might go out with him. I'm really happy for her. She was supposed to go out with him last Saturday, but he wanted to go to the game, so she went to a movie with her friend, Taylor. I was excited for her. That day, I went over to Aly's, and she finally gave me my birthday present, 2 1/2 weeks late. But I love them! Clip in colored hair, white out, and 36-40 Sharpies. ILYLAS!

The next day, we went to her youth group, and I got my watch back. It was very fun. We hung out with her friend Shelbie, and we were, like, conjoined twins, and then me and Aly were, and then me and Shelbie were again. It was fun, and we walked around town as an emo (me), a hippie/gypsy (Aly), and a gangsta (Shelbie). IT WAS HILARIOUS!

It was really rainy today, so for the Cranberry Discussion, (which I can't talk about in much detail anymore) we went in Ash's garage, since she's closest to Brenden. Then we went to her backyard and sat there and talked, and for about 10 minutes we attempted to get Alyssa to call Lex, but she was too scared. Then I'm like, "Hey, Alyssa, if you don't call him soon, then Carol will." And that got her mad. She was mad enough to dial his number. Then after about 5 more minutes of trying to get her to call, Brenden said that he had to go in like, a minute, so she called, and he admitted it was 5 minutes before he had to leave. We all sat in silence, waiting for him to pick up, but we got his voicemail, which made us mad, because we had argued for so long, and he didn't pick up. Then, she called again, and there was a really long dialtone, so we thought he picked up, but then it rang again, we got voicemail again. We all decided to go home after that.

I'm Alyssa's spy in band, becuase the french horn section (mine) got moved in front of the percussion, so I'm directly in front of snares (Lex's favorite) so I'll be able to hear everything he says.

This is it for tonight, so there!

14 comments:

Dibsy said...

:0 Awww...that's so sad... how old was your grandma?

Leah said...

86.

And it's fine. She's in a better place.

Dibsy said...

(hugz)

Aly K. said...

ILYLAS. *hug*

LexXLyss 4evz, my dear.

BrendanXLeanne foreverrrrrrrrr. 8)

You are an amazing person. God Bless your grandma.

Ilylas.

Enjoy your hair/sharpies *cough*MCRSKETCHBOOK*cough* and all dat good stuffs. :) <3333

God Bless!

Dibsy said...

Who is this MCRSKETCHBOOK??? Someone who I should know about??

How come I never get shipped with anyone?? Oh yeah. They're too scared by me! DX

Leah said...

MCR sketchbook- book for sketching that has MCR on the cover.

Aly K. said...

Awww, Dibs, everyone loves you! In a friendly manner... cuz you're like, dibby like that. 8) I shippeth you now... with... NATTIE! ^^ *isshot*

Dibsy said...

(give Aly a slow and painful death)

I NOW SHIP YOU WITH...THE JOHN!

Leah said...

Heh heh... that's humorous... *shmiles*

Dibsy said...

Hehe, I imagine what they would be like together...heehee.

Leah said...

Heheheheh.

Dibsy said...

Hahahahaha.

Leah said...

hahahahahahaha

Dibsy said...

Erm...so...what now?