Okay, mostly I'm going to say that I've missed blogging. Why did I give this up? Oh, like I said in an earlier post: Work, school, and (mostly) laziness.
I for sure have 3 blog posts from 2011, and now this year is almost over. What happened to the times when I would get on blogger at least weekly to read up on other people, and then give you guys the fascinating account of my life? (JK) But seriously! I miss this! Like, so much!
When I first started to really neglect blogger, I would have these moments where I would be like, 'I should blog about that!' But then I never would, so I just completely got out of the habit of even THINKING of blogger. Even when friends would send me emails from this site, I would get them in email form, so I didn't think about the fact that it was coming from this website.
About 20 minutes ago, I read an email from my friend, Dibsy (who I met on this site) and she asked if I had been to blogger lately, and it was just like WHAM! No. I hadn't been. Did I miss it? Yes. Very much. And so, I have now been brought back to blogger.
And now I'll get to the point of the title of this entry.
I want to go back and just cover some high and low lights of this blog. It's spanned over the past 4ish years.
It started in 7th grade when I was having issues with some girls in my class, but luckily, after a couple months, those issues died down, and now I just look back at that time and think about how glad I am that I've grown from it.
And all of that stuff with Lex! Oh my gosh! I was honestly just hating him without reason. All of his personality traits that I hated so much back then are traits that I see in myself and a lot of my friends, now. I think it was mostly the fact that people were convinced that I liked him that made me so upset.
And let's not forget about ski club. Goodness, I had so many great times there. And there was a point when ski club was just about all that I got onto blogger to post about.
When I think about it, I've told you guys some of the things that I don't even tell my close friends. I don't know, it's like... I can just open up about it because I know that it won't really change anything between us, because, let's face it, how many of you guys actually talk to me outside of blogger? It's just... I don't want to change all of my friendships by telling everyone about all of this stuff. I mean... I dunno. It's just nice to remember that I always have a place to go to when I need to vent about something, and I'm really glad that I remember this now.
I can't and won't guarantee to come back and blog religiously, like I used to, but I do plan on blogging more than 3 times a year. I mean, come on, how lazy am I?
While I'm on a role, I do want to tell you guys about my homecoming dance at school. I remember when I posted pictures of homecoming freshman year... that was pretty great. But anyway, back to homecoming this year.
So... I had a date for homecoming. :) We're just friends, but... that night... it was like... just... magic. The guy I went with (let's call him Howard), he's really sweet, and super nice, and just... amazing. He asked me to homecoming on my 17th birthday (and he knew that it was my birthday) and that just totally made my day special. :) And the night of the dance.... Even though I had to drive because he's a year younger and unlicensed, I was just totally comfortable with him the whole night. At the restaurant where we went to dinner with our group, he asked the waitress if he could take one of the fake roses and give it to me. And they said yes, so now I have this beautiful rose sitting on my dresser as a reminder of that great night.
And then, when we got to the dance, the VERY FIRST dance was one where people raised their arms at a certain part, so he asked if he could lift me during that part, and it was just.... AAAHHHHHH!!! I can't even describe it to you.
Then, I had my very first slow dance with Howard to 'Someone Like You' by Adele. I don't care if it's not a very happy song because I just remember dancing with him every time I hear it. When the song started, Howard looked me straight in the eye, and he said, "Leah, may I hold you?" Like, who asks like that? I don't know ANYONE who would ask their date if they could hold them during the dance. And he did that for every slow song (admittedly there were only 3, but still...).
When I drove him home, I was still just so excited about the dance, because I'd had such a great time. And he hugged me before he got out of my car, and it was amazing. :) Seriously, if there's one night in my life that I could repeat (not to change anything, just to re-experience it) it would be that night.
And I know that it sounds like I have a huge crush on him, and I'm not going to lie by saying that I don't have any feelings that are more than friendly, but I do just want to be friends with him. I know what it's like to lose a good friendship after dating, and I really don't want to lose this friendship with Howard. I mean, I feel like he would try to keep the friendship up, but I would be the one who just needed time away, and I don't want to do that. So yes, I do like him a little bit, but not enough to try dating him.
Okay! I'm just so glad that I got to tell someone about homecoming like that. :)
And I'm really glad to get to talk to all of you again. I've missed you. :')
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I missed you too. Sorry I waited until three months later to read this. :/ I'm glad you started blogging. And that was a beautiful post, even though things have changed a bit now, I do hope we can talk soon. *hug*
Post a Comment